Installation on gentoo kolabconf errors

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 7 17:21:52 CET 2004

On Sunday 05 December 2004 01:57, Fredrik Högberg wrote:
> I'm now into my fifth compile of the project and i'm gettin closer each
> time but now i'm stuck and are looking for help.
>
> I'm doing this on gentoo.

Note that gentoo is not supported by openpkg as far as I know,
thus we are probably battling general openpkg problems.
You might want to check with openpkg, if they know about specific
problems with gento.
Also if we go into the details, we probably should do this on kolab-devel@
not on kolab-users at .

> What i did.
> I downloaded sources from
> http://www.erfrakon.de/mirrors/ftp.kolab.org/server/development/current/sou
>rces/ i went to this directory and ran
> obmtool kolab
>
> Everything compiled and went well.
> I then run  /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap and answered the questions.
>
> This is where the problem starts.
> i try to run /kolab/sbin/kolabconf but it creates a lot of errors. (See
> below) why does it search for /home/kolab/sbin/slappasswd when i've
> installed under /kolab?

Kolab.pm did getpwnam() to retrieve the home directory of kolab.
This usually is "/kolab". For some reason this failed and is the cause
of other problems. Check your /etc/passwd if the kolab user is there and
has the right home directory.
If it isn't there, openpkg failed to create it properly.