write access to kaddressbook from kontact

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 7 17:05:29 CET 2004

On Sunday 05 December 2004 21:09, j.c.f. wrote:
> since I am transfering the whole phonebook to ldap (it is in mysql right
> now) and also want to create new entries directly on ldap, my question is:
> how to configure openldap/kolab  to allow authentication and write
> permission from kaddressbook? So I can make phonebbok administration using
> kontact? right now the only thing I can do is search data, but after trying
> in all ways the whole week to get authenticated, I am just about to give
> up!

Within the Kolab concept we only use KAddressbook for read only addresses
from LDAP. If you want to use it as LDAP-Editor, the people from KDEPIM might
know more.

With Kolab you would create a group folder that holds the phonebook
as contacts or use a different LDAP client that can do write operations
(e.g. a stable version of gq).