Installation on gentoo kolabconf errors

Fredrik Högberg usur at home.se
Sun Dec 5 01:57:43 CET 2004

Hi!
I'm now into my fifth compile of the project and i'm gettin closer each time but now i'm stuck and are looking for help.

I'm doing this on gentoo.

What i did.
I downloaded sources from http://www.erfrakon.de/mirrors/ftp.kolab.org/server/development/current/sources/
i went to this directory and ran
obmtool kolab

Everything compiled and went well.
I then run  /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap and answered the questions.

This is where the problem starts.
i try to run /kolab/sbin/kolabconf but it creates a lot of errors. (See below)
why does it search for /home/kolab/sbin/slappasswd when i've installed under /kolab?

I try to start everything up and it looks like it work.
I try to connect to the server using another machine and it doesn't respond to anything. Not any of the server ports respond.
I havn't investigated this that much so i don't know if it's due to some firewall or something but i've installed ftp and apache servers on this machine without such problems.

ok i forward 80 and 443 to the server with putty and try to connect. http://localhost gets the apache congratulation message.
http://localhost/admin/ give me a 404
https://localhost/ and https://localhost/admin give me nothing.
I've been looking at the template files and are guessing that this is because kolabconf won't run so perhaps this is the main issue.

Can anyone please help?

Fredrik Högberg

/kolab/sbin/kolabconf

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.4/Kolab.pm line 130, <DATA> line 225.
sh: line 1: /home/kolab/sbin/slappasswd: No such file or directory
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.4/Kolab.pm line 137, <DATA> line 225.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.4/Kolab.pm line 146, <DATA> line 225.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.4/Kolab.pm line 154, <DATA> line 225.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.4/Kolab.pm line 154, <DATA> line 225.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.4/Kolab.pm line 264, <DATA> line 225.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.4/Kolab.pm line 306, <DATA> line 225.
kolabconf - Kolab Configuration Generator