Solaris 8 Compiling/Installing GCC rpm not possible

Timotheus Pokorra Timotheus at Pokorra.de
Tue Aug 3 15:22:16 CEST 2004

Hello,

I think the QIM is a bit unclear about how to run the rpm -bb / -ba
command.
I did run it as user kolab, and then installed the compiled rpm as root
(rpm -Uhv). Though when I think about it, perhaps that does not make any
difference anyway...

Also make sure the path is always set correctly:
export PATH=/kolab/bin:/kolab/sbin:$PATH;

You might have a look at this page:
http://www.zfos.org/kolab.html
The obmtool should compile things automatically for you.

If that does not work, have a look at
http://www.pokorra.de/kolab/install_kolab.html, there is a script that
could be helpful. Though I am not sure, if it is adapted to the latest
packages. Perhaps the date numbers have changed by now...

Hope that helps,

Timo