a few questions ( repost )

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Tue Aug 3 10:29:21 CEST 2004

On Sunday 01 August 2004 11:14, Martin Konold wrote:
> E.g. I have put a full SUSE 9.1 environment on
> http://www.erfrakon.de/projects/kolab/download/testing/kolab2/kolab-SUSE-
>91.tar.bz2

Hi Martin,

how did you set up the users and groups (kolab, kolab-r, kolab-n) on your
system? I see only numeric IDs and the mentioned
eval `/kolab/etc/rc --eval all env`
does not check or recreate the users and groups.

FYI, the unpacked environment misses the Perl modules URI and Net::LDAP to
execute kolab_bootstrap.
Of course one can install them using cpan (which is what I did), but why do
we have a prebuild environment then?

If you update the environment, please let me know about. I'm happy to test
the thing again.

A final question: I wonder how I get the web interface started. I used
/kolab/bin/openpkg rc all start
to start the services, but no Apache was started. Did I miss something? The
documentation on the website is all but helpfull and the environment lacks
a doc directory too.

Regards,
Andreas