<no subject>

Matt M. lmatt at ironblue.com
Wed Apr 21 18:10:18 CEST 2004

Martin Konold wrote:

>Am Tuesday 20 April 2004 07:46 am schrieb Jakob Roehrl:
>
>Hi Jakob,
>

>> - LDAP: Every new User will create under "dc=jakobroerl,dc=de". The
>>   right Position should IMHO but "cn=internal,dc=jakobroehrl,dc=de" be.
>>   What can I do?
>>

>Please rephrase your problem.

Here's my guess. He thinks that users should be put into the "internal"
container, instead of directly under the root. I wondered about this at
first as well.

Jacob,

It looks like users who are created, but *not* added to the address
book(by checking the address book checkbox) are put under internal. This
is so that they can not be seen in the global address book.

What is strange though(and I have only tested this once, so I could be
mistaken) is that when a new "maintainer" user is created, they are put
under the root also, and do show up in an anonymous search. These users
are not "real" users, but special users created to perform certain
tasks, correct? I don't think they should be showing up in a search.
Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

-- Matt M.