Anti-spam

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Fri Apr 16 09:18:00 CEST 2004

On Thursday 15 April 2004 18:48, Bradley Alexander wrote:
> I installed spamassassin according to the sourcefire howto (thanks, Ian),
> and spamassassin is working after a fashion. However, I have two
> problems. First of all, I enabled subject rewriting so that I can filter
> via kmail's subject filters. In /kolab/etc/spamassassin/local.cf, I have

You migt want to filter on "X-SpamFlag" <contains> "yes" in KMail, note that
the left combobox is editable.

> The second thing is how to train the Bayesean filters in spamassassin.
> Since I am manually filtering spam in kmail, I am putting it into a local
> folder, then copying the folder to the mailserver and running
> /kolab/bin/sa-learn --spam * in the cur directory of that directory.
> Since, being IMAP, the user does not have to have an account on the
> mailserver, is there a better/less painful way to deal with spam under
> kolab's imap implementation?

Create a spam-report account so that users can send messages to this account
to train spamassassin. Run sa-learn via cron against that folder. From time
to time you may want to empty it, but there are many solutions to automate
this...

Regards,
Andreas