Installation notes / questions

Matt M. lmatt at ironblue.com
Tue Apr 13 23:57:15 CEST 2004

Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:51:12AM -0700, Matt M. wrote:
>> 1.)
>>
>> Among the long list of RPM's it says to compile are 'libxml', and
>> 'libxslt'. Neither of these are included in the sources I downloaded
>> from http://www.erfrakon.de/projects/kolab/download/ . Are these
>> packages needed? I noticed that they are available on the openpkg
>> download server.
>
> This was added in QIM revision 1.28. The QIMs linked from
> http://kroupware.org/howto-kolab.html (1.15.2.x) don't have this.

Ah. You're right. I didn't even look at those. I am using rev. 1.28.

>> 2.)
>>
>> Building Apache failed with the following error:
>>
>> 	gdbm::with_ndbm = yes is needed by apache-1.3.27-20030611
>>
>> This was easy enough to fix. Just re-build gdbm with
>>
>> 	--define 'with_ndbm yes'
>>
>> The QIM should be updated with this change.
>
> This is in the QIM. Which revision do you have? (See the third line)

Again, I was using 1.28. This is in the older 1.15.2.22. I hope there
weren't any other important steps I missed by using 1.28. I'll take a
look.

>> 3.)
>>
>> This isn't a big deal, but the order of the list of packages given in
>> the QIM lead me to believe that that was the proper order to install the
>> in. It wasn't, because many of the packages depend on packages further
>> down the list. I realize that was not the purpose of that list, but it
>> would be an easy task to make it that way.
>
> I noticed this, too, in an early revision of the QIM. I don't know
> if the last version is corrected here.
>
> Newer versions of the kolab server use a script (obmtool) for
> installing the components, so this problem is solved there.

I found no mention of obmtool anywhere. I finally found the script in CVS
though. Is this method of installation documented somewhere that I missed?

Thanks,

--
Matt M.