Kolab-compliant mail client?

Eugen Constantinescu eugen at eco-spaces.com.ro
Tue Apr 13 13:30:00 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 10:41, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> On Monday 12 April 2004 22:40, Bradley Alexander wrote:
> > I have tried a couple and wanted to post some opinions and get some
> > feedback. Thus far, I have tried
>
> Our company has been running Kolab for about 9 month. We started with LDAP
> only in the beginning. We've switched from our existing mail server to
> Kolab about 6 months ago. Most of our users use IMAP but no calendar
> support. For them it's easy to select a client - IMAP is supported by most
> of them.
> If you want to use the calendar functionality you may want to use Outlook
> with a plugin. I've tested Binary for a while, but I was not really
> satisfied. Aethera is another possibility. The client is promising. There
> are still some rough edges, but it's usable. There are rumours that the
> next release should be significantly better - that would be really good for
> those who are bound to Windows.

Hi,
Yes, you are right, Aethera has been tested a lot in the last time because
more people are interested in it and its Kolab support. Most of things are
fixed and we are trying to add new features too.
Related to Kolab, it will create the Kolab private folders and it will support
the shared folders (2 important missing things in the last release).

There were Windows crashes reported in this list.
It is related to Windows limited number of pixmaps, I am trying to fix this
problem in the next days.(it shouldn't be a problem in Xp)
Regards,
Eug