Kolab Server issue: Sieve not running

Aurelien Marchand aurelien.marchand at researchcapital.com
Mon Apr 12 22:59:40 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've installed Mandrake on a Dell PowerEdge (5800? Can't recall).
Install was flawless, everything detected, even RAID controller drivers
were loaded without any manual setup at all.
I then installed Kolab from sources, using zfos.org Kolab packages. I
made sure I had the development tools installed and the install ran
without a hiccup, even if it took _quite a while_ to finish the
compilation (I guess I had to expect that).

I then started Kolab using the "rc all" command and everything _seemed_
fine, but when I pointed the server's web client to https://localhost/
(or even to https://myFQDN/), and logged as a regular user, I couldn't
set up the "vacation" and email forwarder since it said something like
"sieve://xxxxxxx:2000 isn't running".
I checked the logs but I couldn't find any issues at all with sieve.
Running netstat -a -A inet show port 2000 being listening on *:*

Can you see what I did wrong? I'll get a hand on the logs in a few
hours, so if you need to see something, ask now and I'll post it tomorrow.

Thx
Aurelien