Installation notes / questions

Matt M. lmatt at ironblue.com
Mon Apr 12 12:51:12 CEST 2004

Just installed kolab server(after about 2 days). Seems to be running
fine so far, although I haven't had a chance to use it much. I followed
the QIM for installation, and I noticed a few things I thought I'd point
out. I will send this to the author, but I thought I would send  it to
the list as well.

--------------------------

1.)

Among the long list of RPM's it says to compile are 'libxml', and
'libxslt'. Neither of these are included in the sources I downloaded
from http://www.erfrakon.de/projects/kolab/download/ . Are these
packages needed? I noticed that they are available on the openpkg
download server.

2.)

Building Apache failed with the following error:

	gdbm::with_ndbm = yes is needed by apache-1.3.27-20030611

This was easy enough to fix. Just re-build gdbm with

	--define 'with_ndbm yes'

The QIM should be updated with this change.

3.)

This isn't a big deal, but the order of the list of packages given in
the QIM lead me to believe that that was the proper order to install the
in. It wasn't, because many of the packages depend on packages further
down the list. I realize that was not the purpose of that list, but it
would be an easy task to make it that way.

Other than that, everything went fine. Now I'm off to tinker.

--
Matt M.