Aethera/Windows alternative to Outlook

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Fri Apr 9 12:39:55 CEST 2004

On Friday 09 April 2004 09:30, Michael Harlaut wrote:

> Do not forget that the calendar part of Aethera is a full porting of
> Korganizer to Windows. A Mac OSX version will also be available soon.
> (We evaluated the Kmail porting ... This is to difficult because it's
> too much linked to the KioSlave parts of KDE, and the goal is not to
> port KDE to Windows :p)

It's only a small layer of the kioslave code which has to be replaced
for being able to use this on Windows. KMail only use a couple of
functions of the kioslave framework and to reimplement these in a way
that they work on Windows shouldn't be too much work. I would suppose
that a dedicated programmer who is familiar with KMail code can do this
in less than a week.

> - First (and again), this is a full Korganizer porting
> (synchronization with the 3.2 version in progress) : Do not forget :
> This is not a Korganizer/Kontact compatibility. This is Korganizer
> for Windows !

If you work on the KOrganizer port, please coordinate with the other
developers working on KOrganizer. I know of at least one other Windows
port of KOrganizer. It would be a shame if we would duplicate all that
work.