Can Kolab act as an Internal Mail Server and Relay

Stephen Hind s.hind at rwp.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 16:51:59 CEST 2004

Can I use kolab to act as an internal mail server and as a relay to internet
mail accounts?  If so how and where do I need to configure these options?

At the moment I'm testing kolab on a Mandrake 10.0 Community based system,
which is my desktop.  I use the built-in KDE Kontact/KMail package to
connect to it, which it seems to successfully, as can see my inbox.  I
encounter one problem however.  I have tried to send mail to myself at both
my internal address and the standard internet address, but it remain in my
outbox always.

Can I use KDE contact?  If so what have I not configured (I added the kolab
server in as both an IMAP, IMAP disconnected and SMTP servers).  Should I
use the kolab client instead?

I hope these are clear enough, please mail me if not.

Stephen Hind