Kolab numbers.

Luca Villani luca.villani at wseurope.com
Mon Apr 5 11:13:48 CEST 2004

Alle 18:02, venerdì 2 aprile 2004, Rafael Häusler ha scritto:

> > Kolab (for testing at this moment) is setup from a Mandrake 10.0 and
> > all is good.
>
> Is Kolab already included in Mandrake 10.0 ? I thought it is still in
> cooker ?

Kolab is included in Mandrake 10.0 Community:

ftp://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/unix/linux/distributions/Mandrake-devel/stable/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/kolab-server-1.0-0.16mdk.noarch.rpm

It *NOT* depends on OpenPKG, is fully handled by system wide RPM package
manager.

It depend on these:

	[root at screanzati root]# rpm -q --requires kolab-server
	rpm-helper
	openldap-servers
	postfix
	cyrus-imapd
	cyrus-sasl
	apache2
	cyrus-imapd-utils
	proftpd
	perl-Convert-ASN1
	perl-ldap
	perl-Cyrus
	perl-Net-Netmask
	perl-Term-ReadKey
	apache2-mod_ssl
	apache2-mod_dav
	apache2-mod_ldap
	apache2-mod_php
	php-ldap
	php-xml
	php-ini
	libsasl2-plug-plain
	/bin/sh
	/bin/sh
	rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
	rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
	bash
	perl-base
	perl(Convert::ASN1)
	perl(Cyrus::IMAP::Admin)
	perl(Data::Dumper)
	perl(File::Copy)
	perl(Getopt::Std)
	perl(IO::File)
	perl(IO::Select)
	perl(IO::Socket)
	perl(Net::LDAP)
	perl(Net::LDAP::ASN)
	perl(Net::LDAP::Constant)
	perl(Net::LDAP::Entry)
	perl(Net::Netmask)
	perl(Sys::Hostname)
	perl(Sys::Syslog)
	perl(Term::ReadKey)
	perl(URI)
	[root at screanzati root]#

Launching

	urpmi kolab-server

implies automatic installation of all needed packages.

After installation, you must only launch

	/usr/sbin/kolab_bootstrap -b

for sistem wide configuration an start server with

	service kolab start

I think this is a *very* good job done by Mandrake packagers, they've
integrated kolab in them distribution without any need of OpenPKG handling.

--
Luca Villani                Wireless Solutions spa - DADA group
NOC manager                 Europe HQ, via Castiglione 25 Bologna