Kolab numbers.

Josef Moffett josef.moffett at mauripharm.com
Fri Apr 2 06:18:22 CEST 2004

I am presently evaluating to installing in four companies I consult for. All
four are small businesses (6, 10, 22 and 26 pcs on their networks). We are
going the toltec connector route with Outlook. All will be running small
servers - ie one server per site). As to the admins - all four are being
adminned by myself, with one (semi-)savvy person on site there to be able to
deal with immediate issues and follow phone instructions if necessary.

The first of the companies goes live over this weekend, with the others
following soon (in the next month or so I would estimate given their
movement).

Primary reasons for Migration:
  1) cost of exchange
  2) migration to more control of resources (no MS dominance)
  3) cost of exchange
  4) cost of exchange

The cost of MS products is particulary heavy here in Mauritius due to the
value of the Mauritius Rupee. As a consequence many (most) are running
pirate software. Those who are legal find it extremely difficult to keep up
with the upgrade cycles and when it comes to the upgrade they are open to
looking outside the Microsoft lock-in - especially if their move can be
relatively transparent.

Hope this helps a little.