Installing Kolab 3.1 from Debian Repos, lots of error with workarounds

Jan Kowalsky tuxus at notraces.net
Mi Nov 13 11:51:08 CET 2013

Am Tuesday, 12. November 2013 schrieb Frerk Meyer:
> Hi,
>
> I want to install Kolab 3.1 on a fresh install of Debian Wheezy with
> Debian packages. For reasons of privacy I will call my server domainname
> myvservername.de
> which is not the real one.
>
> The reverse DNS Entry is more like
> v0123456789.yourvserver.net
> Perhaps this is the reason for my trouble?
>
> I used the following debian repositories:
> deb http://obs.kolabsys.com:82/Kolab:/3.1/Debian_7.0/ ./
> deb http://obs.kolabsys.com:82/Kolab:/3.1:/Updates/Debian_7.0/ ./
> deb http://obs.kolabsys.com:82/Kolab:/Development/Debian_7.0/ ./
> deb
> http://obs.kolabsys.com:82/home:/tpokorra:/branches:/Kolab:/Development/Deb
> ian_7.0/ ./
>
> I tried to install with:
> apt-get install kolab
>
> I got an error with a conflict of an already installed libcalendaring0
> After learning apt-get, aptitude and dpkg in a crash course and
> some hours of installing, removing and purging I somehow got it resolved.
>
> After that I tried
> setup-kolab
> many times.

I tried it yesterday with the 3.1/Debian_7.0 and the 3.1/Updates/Debian_7.0
repo and installation went well.

The only small problem for me was the dependency of postfix, because debian
installes exim and so I have to

apt-get install --no-recommends kolab postfix

Maybe you get dependency-problems if you let install recommende stuff also. the
libcalendaring0 could be a result of this.

We've had the problem with libcalendaring0 for upgrading 3.0 to 3.1 yesterday
on the list "Update Kolab 3.0 auf 3.1"

Regards
Jan