Massive loss of events in enterprise35 client
itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Wed Jan 14 14:38:48 CET 2009
I'm Cc'ing this to both lists, as I regard this as a major problem - "devel"
to get some input from the developers and "users" just to see whether anybody
else has seen things like this anywhere.
For the first time in enterprise35 (that I know of in our company), the old,
ugly problem rears its head again: Massive loss of events from one's agenda.
This time it has happened to myself - yesterday evening, several hundred
events were deleted from my agenda, without my intervention. Here's the
- kontact --version
Kontact: 1.2.9 (enterprise35 20081202.891698)
- $HOME is on NFS
- Kontact was running, but I do not recall actually working with Kontact at
the time, though I did start a new mail shortly afterwards
- According to the imap server logs (Kolab 2.1), the events in question were
deleted - I can see hunderds of lines like this:
imapd.log.0:Jan 13 18:13:19 HOST <debug> imaps: mailbox_expunge:
removing mail brightsight.com!user.USER.Calendar:18646
- Earlier that day, I had a crash - most likely due to connection problems
with our mailserver (we had firewall problems), but I had already restarted
- I did not find anything suspicious in .xsession-errors, except for a bunch
of SSL errors I could not place:
- I am using four different calendars - my own, another "single user"
calendar, one group calendar and a shared folder calendar. Only my own
calendar was affected.
- Oddly enough, not all of the events in my calendar were deleted - 9 messages
were left behind on the server, one of which was a real event from last
October. The other eight were empty.
Another user also lost all events yesterday, however, in his case it happened
with the Kontact instance that was still running during the connection
problems with the mail server. His events were deleted (again, according to
imapd.log) about three hours after the connection had been restored. He had
not restarted Kontact since. His .xession-errors has already been
overwritten, so no help there.
We have experienced problems like this rather frequently with proko2.
enterprise35 is doing much better (in fact, I was lulled into the hope that
the problem might have vanished) - but apparently, there's still something
not quite right...
Any input - as always - welcome!
More information about the Kolab-users