Autconfiguration for kolabclient

Sandro Knauß knauss at kolabsys.com
Tue Jun 24 16:02:53 CEST 2014

Hey,

> As I understand the Mozilla format/idea of this file is that it can
> contain many providers, i.e. you can have there Gmail, Yahoo,
> Mykolab.com, Kolabsys, etc. So, how do you configure ldap for
> Mykolab.com only, or different ldaps for two of them? Sure, ldap is not
> email, but it belongs to email provider.

Actually i think the <addressbook id="foo.example.com" type="ldap"> inside the
email part can be added to be able to say, ok there are mutiple addressbooks
for one emailProvider. But also the point, that ldap isn't used for
addressbooks only leads to separate the files. If we want to setup a client
that only wants to do resourcemanagment, it don't care about addressbooks at
all. But for example the ldap addressbook uses a complete different auth
method, so merging it inside the <emailProvider> sounds wrong for me.

But one thing, i mentiond is that we maybe need a subsection inside the ldap
config to specifiy the diifferent puposes with the different search strings.
To my mind comes resources and addressbook is there any other porpose where
ldap is used for?

<resources>
	<basedn>ou=resources,dc=example</basedn>
	<collections>&(objectClass=kolabGroupOfUniqueNames)(mail=*)
(|(cn=%1)(givenName=%1)(sn=%1))</collections>
	<filter>&(objectClass=kolabSharedFolder)(kolabFolderType=event)(mail=*)
(|(cn=%1)(givenName=%1)(sn=%1))</filter>
</resources>

Regards,

sandro

--