Tag Configuration object draft

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Wed Feb 26 09:22:05 CET 2014

On 02/26/2014 09:08 AM, Thomas Brüderli wrote:
>> * member: A UID of a member of the tag.
>
> For tagging email messages, I suppose the member { #UID } element will
> hold the according Message-ID header value, right?

I see a possible issue here, but for not so common scenario I suppose.

1. Add tag to a message.
2. Copy the message to other folder (it will be copied with the tag
assignment, because Message-ID doesn't change, that's good).
3. Remove tag from the copied message - tag will be also removed from
the original message, which might be not what all users expect.

Because in some cases this might be an acceptable behaviour and because
copying messages is not very common action we can ignore this problem.
But do not forget about this "limitation".

--
Aleksander Machniak
Web Developer, Kolab Systems AG