Tag Configuration object draft

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Tue Apr 8 15:02:48 CEST 2014

On 02/27/2014 01:47 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> The proposed format object definition can at least allow for hint(s) on
> where the message was when tagged originally
> (/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/uniqueid in Cyrus IMAP 2.5, or
> /vendor/kolab/uniqueid for Cyrus IMAP 2.4), as well as the content type
> of the object that had been tagged, so that a hit-or-miss can narrow
> subsequent searches it may need to perform.

Let's forget about XCONVERSATIONS and multi-folder searching. This is
still for me not clear what to use as a message identifier to make this
best for performance.

We need also keep in mind that in Roundcube we do not have all message
headers in cache (all headers of the message nor all messages).

So, we need to consider two things:
- searching for messages with specified tag (that search request might
sometimes include additional IMAP SEARCH criteria),
- moving messages (and need of tag object update on message identifier
change).

So, the best aproach would be to use message header that does not change
when moving and that can be used in IMAP SEARCH, but is this possible?

--
Aleksander Machniak
Web Developer, Kolab Systems AG