FB Specs (Re: [NEW KEP] KEP #17: Kolab XML Format 3.0)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Mar 2 09:50:10 CET 2012

Am Montag 27 Februar 2012 19:50:11 schrieb Florian v. Samson:
> Historically, I believe, this setting originates from the introduction
> of XFB-support.

> Sorry, I would have to research again (as I completely forgot over all
> those years) all the extra abilities XFBs (Extended Free-Busy Lists)
> provide compared to the classic, simple FBs.  But AFAIR XFBs can
> distinguish these subtle differences (FBs sure cannot, as they only
> know "free" or "busy") (although my memory may play tricks on me).
> If so, then they should, IMO.
>
> How the XFB-data is actually displayed is another, different story.
>
> Maybe asking someone else might help, who has not ceased administrating
> Kolab-Servers more than half a decade ago (like myself), e.g. Bernhard
> Reiter.  Or finding proper XFB- and FB-specifications, which I have not
> found immediately on the net.

I can help with spec overiew, in the related documents of
http://ftp.intevation.de/users/bernhard/scratch/extended-freebusy-concept-0.92+dev20080503-ber1-pub2.pdf

--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member