Question: Individual annotations vs One large annotation (conceptual riddle for the interested)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Sep 30 22:55:42 CEST 2011

Hi Georg,

On Wednesday 28 September 2011 18:23:32 Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> That said: It would have been helpful to get your input on the actual
> question discussed in this thread.

under the assumption that annotations must be kept and configuration
must be stored in there, I would prefer individual annotations and not one
large one.

I could read out some possible technical advantages for using one large one,
but to me they are not the deciding factor. Many problems will have to be
solved for one annotation and this also means they can be solved for many
annotations as well. And in this case it just seems conceptually  cleaner to
separate data groups from each other that are separate already.
I can image there are some that are so closely related that it would be okay
to put them in one annotation, but not all of them.

Best Regards,
Bernhard
ps.: Just asking myself two questions again: Is there a notification system
for changed annotations in the IMAP protocol and implemented in Cyrus IMAPD
and Dovecot? Is annotation length still limited and does not count towards the
quota?

--
Send with http://userbase.kde.org/Kontact_Touch from an ideapad running MeeGo