Pre-KEP input sought: Priority for events? (in line with tasks?)(similar to VEVENT & VTODO?)

Shawn Walker swalker at bynari.net
Tue May 31 21:47:04 CEST 2011

Georg,

Outlook's priority is a integer value which are:

Urgent		1
Normal		0
Non Urgent	-1

What we have done is map the iCalendar priority to the following:

		Outlook	iCalendar
Urgent		1	0 to 3
Normal		0	4 to 6
Non Urgent	-1	7 to 9

The only issue of having a value of 0 to 9 is that we can lose the original value when converting
back to iCalendar.

I think having the priority in the common field would be better to standardized the priority field.

Regards,
Shawn

Shawn Walker
Senior Software Developer