Why and when storing local time? (Re: Basic rationale of the KEP #2 design)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Mar 23 13:57:09 CET 2011

Am Mittwoch, 23. März 2011 11:13:11 schrieb Florian v. Samson:
> Bernhard, I think you mean a "timezone definition change", not a "timezone
> change": then this statement sure hold true, but this is not what you
> wrote.

You are correct, sorry for the confusion. I've meant a change
in the "definition" of the timezone which can happen when the daylight saving
rules change or other rules of one particular timezone.

> I intended to express my strong opposition to your statement "imprecise
> wording does not matter"

My aim is that our common understanding grows. In this sense I welcome us all
to try understand what the other writes, even if the wording is suboptimal.

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.