Shawn Walker swalker at bynari.net
Wed Jan 26 20:34:23 CET 2011

Hi Georg,

On 1/26/2011 1:22 PM, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
>
> On Wednesday 26 January 2011 18.31:44 Shawn Walker wrote:
>> I took the two discussions from 12/6/2010 and 12/13/2010, my response is
>> below.
>
> So if I understand, the current draft would work for you, as it seems quite
> similar to how Outlook models this: As exceptions identified by the exception
> date, with information on which properties have been modified.
>
> I also understand that the range would not be supported by Outlook, so if the
> storage format would model that, the connector would bear the burden of
> translation.
>
> Considering that noone spoke out vigorously in favour of ranges, I think we
> can do without their modeling in the storage format then.

I think it would be best to not to allow ranges.  Though, anybody can set the start-date and
end-date for a exception to make a exception that spans over X number of days.  Just hopefully that
the other exceptions that is deleted that the exception that spans over it.  I'm not sure how
Outlook would react if we created a recurrence binary data there is a exception that spans X days
and there is no deleted exceptions on those days.

Maybe have a rule in the KEP3 about if there must be deleted exceptions for days that spans on a
exception?

> Did I understand you correctly?

Yes, you understood correctly.

> Best regards,