UPDATE: KEP 2: Modification of datetime: store local time, add 'tz' attribute (revision #10743)

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Wed Jan 26 20:29:07 CET 2011

On Wednesday 26 January 2011 18.46:29 Shawn Walker wrote:
> I thought I bump this response from Joon.

It would be great if you could maybe look at the response to the bumped mail:

	http://kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-format/2011-January/001200.html

The mapping between local time and UTC is ambiguous, as explained in the KEP.

So the only thing that is certain is that Outlook does not handle this
strictly according to UTC, even if the documentation may say that.

The reason is that if it did, there would be no way to specify "11am every
Tuesday all year" in Outlook, the meeting would jump one hour at the DST
boundary. I don't think that is how Outlook behaves.

So we'll need to figure out what Outlook actually does.

I suspect it tries some "smart" compensation for DST, so we should figure out
what it actually does by feeding it a couple of recurrences with different
times with DST in effect or not. Could you help with that?

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve