Request for Input: Storing Searches

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Sun Aug 28 15:08:05 CEST 2011

Georg C. F. Greve:
> Dear all,
>
> Some of us have started tossing around thoughts about how to save searches
> in one Kolab client in a way that they are re-usable in all others,
> ideally.
Hi Georg,

this one catched my attention since my last project was about search. I try to
understand your mail, but it's hard since you write about different
implementation options without describing the underlying use cases/user
stories.
Who should search for what and why should what be saved? Is it about
performance (caching search results) or about sharing the query strings? What
about privacy issues with shared query strings? I think it would help if you'd
really describe it in terms of "User wants ..."

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro