Why and when storing local time?

Florian v. Samson florian.samson at bsi.bund.de
Tue Apr 5 16:05:57 CEST 2011

Jeroen,

Am Dienstag, 5. April 2011 um 15:28:23 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab
Systems):
> Florian v. Samson wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 5. April 2011 um 12:35:42 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen
> > (Kolab Systems):
> >
> > This is still at most two TZs (and that was the point I intended to get
> > across).
>
> I'm regularly on flights that invoke presence on the ground in 4-5
> timezones.

Well, each flight has a single start- and end-date.

> CWL -> AMS -> MSP -> PHX and back, for example, was a trip as recent as
> late last January / early last February.

I strongly believe we should not expand an event to have more than just a
single start- and end-date, which may recur regularly.  Metadata
(creation-time, modification-time, etc.) is in a different realm (but items
existing only once in a Kolab-object as well).
Multiple, arbitrary time-ranges must be modelled with independent events,
IMO, and I think that is more or less the "natural" way of modelling this.

Cheers
	Florian