Recurring events with timezone

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Thu Oct 28 13:33:41 CEST 2010

Hi Hendrik,

Thanks for the information.

I don't think it is sensible to assume that no change will be forthcoming just
because it did not happen instantaneously.

A format is something that must be handled conservatively, and with enough
time to allow everyone to think the issues through. There is at least one more
person who asked for a little more time as they're right now too busy, but I
know they'll want to look at this and give their input.

The Kolab format has always been specified by reference implementation, for
which Kontact & the Toltec 2 connector have been the original reference
implementations for some time. So at the moment only what is compatible to
these is an actual Kolab client, although that may change in future revisions.

We'll of course take your derivation from the Kolab format into account when
we make the change to address the gap you identified, but cannot promise that
we will follow it. I am aware that if Kolab compatibility was the goal of the
project, you may unfortunately end up with an unfulfilled project objective.

That said, I do understand that you are under time pressure and had to make a
call. So no ill feelings exist on our side. For the future I'd suggest to plan
and budget time and resource for upstream interaction for any such project.

With best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve