KEP 2: Modification of datetime type, introduction of 'tz' sub-tag

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Tue Nov 23 14:29:46 CET 2010

Hi Georg,

Zitat von "Georg C. F. Greve" <greve at kolabsys.com>:

> On Wednesday 17 November 2010 12.33:58 Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)
> wrote:
>> - Does the nesting make the new version of the format incompatible with
>> older  clients?
>
> Provided the clients are Kolab compliant, i.e. preserve unknown tags, and use
> proper XML parsing, it should not be.

I know from experience that we cannot rely on that. It is some time
ago when I did cross-client testing but I'm certain that not all
clients kept their fingers from the entries of other clients.

For the Kolab_Format PHP library this only holds for additional tags
on the base level but not for subtags. The current library would
definitely kill the <tz> tag.

Probably no major disaster as everything that uses Kolab_Format is
linked to the server release anyway.

Cheers,

Gunnar

--