KEP 2: Modification of datetime type, introduction of 'tz' sub-tag

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Nov 23 11:04:57 CET 2010

On Monday, November 22, 2010 12:08:22 pm Hendrik Helwich wrote:
> Hi Georg,
>
> i understand that this is not wanted, but it should also be possible with
> that RFC3339 library to store only in the UTC form. This would not be much
> trouble in coding (if it is not already done like this) and will fit the
> specification. If all RFC3339 formats are accepted when reading the kolab
> xml this is also no problem because the kolab xml parsing should already
> be not to strict because the specification is interpreted in a loose way
> by the different clients which write the format.

We are talking about two different things here, and I feel they are being
mixed up; to clarify:

- The datetime will always be UTC -which is the "payload" if you will,

- The datetime /format/ is set to Zulu notation now, and the consideration is
to make that rfc3339 compatible -which is the "notation format", if you will.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG