KEP 2: Modification of datetime type, introduction of 'tz' sub-tag

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Wed Nov 17 17:14:08 CET 2010

On Wednesday 17 November 2010 16.03:15 Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)
wrote:
> I would argue this (the alteration of valid datetime notations) would need
> to  become a separate KEP, as it has to set rules on how clients should,
> must or may preserve the original format.

I guess it is possible to split the change of the datetime format over two
different proposals. But I am not sure what is gained by that - after all, both
change the way datetime is handled, and will require clients to reevaluate
their approach.

So if they need to touch the code, I'd prefer to do it once, not twice.

That's why I would argue it should remain in one KEP.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve