format compatibility

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Nov 11 12:47:30 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch, 10. November 2010 17:46:40 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab
Systems):
> I suppose the really big question then becomes whether or not to
> (automatically? optionally?) convert to a newer format or to maintain the
> original data in the original format... but not touching it seems a sane
> approach for now.

Yes, this is one of questions, especially if an object is changed.

> Luckily, as far as the Kolab XML format is concerned, we do have a finite
> universe, and we could thus set the milestone for the clients we support
> and/or certify, to support versions of the Kolab XML format, to a certain
> date and time in the future

Yes, this was also that I was thinking. :)
Just the time spans have to be long enough.

Best,
Bernhard

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.