RFC: KEP3: Introduction of 'subevent' sub-tag for 'exclusion' from 'recurrence' (revision #10661)

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Mon Dec 6 21:29:34 CET 2010

Hi Alain,

On Monday 06 December 2010 20.54:08 Alain Abbas wrote:
> i think me must have a tag deleted and a tag exceptionstartime or keep
> the start-time in case of the exception is a deletion :

I am not quite sure whether I understood your suggestion correctly.

Currently, the proposal says that an exclusion without a subevent is a
deletion. If it contains a subevent, that subevent contains only the difference
towards the main even, all fields that are not specified remain unchanged.

Your proposal seems to be thinking of simultaneously changing a recurrence
exception and deleting it. This does not seem to make sense to me right now,
as deletion would also delete the changes.

So I must have misunderstood the idea.

Could you try to explain in more detail what you had in mind?

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve