2.0rc7 -> 2.0 in two weeks

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Sun May 4 03:28:42 CEST 2008

Hi Bernhard,

Adding support for the version 2.0 version number support is trivial.
Changing the version number however entails and upgrade of _all_ Kolab
clients on all client machines. This is a major investment for what amounts
to a clarification of the original Kolab-XML 1.0 specification.

AFAIK all the clients are up to date with the current specification or very
close to it, so changing the version number itself does not enforce
anything.

So we either must specify that version 2.0 is a completion of the 1.0
specification without a version number change or provide a change over
period for clients with the "2.0" version number support to be incorporated
in the normal upgrade cycle.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC