Declaring a new folder type and format for Horde preferences

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Mar 17 11:51:47 CET 2008

On Friday 14 March 2008 16:57, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Concerning the "Preferences" I'm hesitating though: Why shouldn't
> Kontact for example be able to store configuration options in there
> too?

I think we had a couple of drawbacks mentioned already,
this is why a consistant writeup of the consideration would be quite useful.

> And I wouldn't mind if I could do that with contact so that I don't
> have to configure each installation on its own.

The situation with Kontact is different than with Horde I guess,
with Kontact you often _want_ to have different configurations depending on
where your Kontact is running.