2.0rc7 -> 2.0 in two weeks

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Fri Apr 18 11:51:32 CEST 2008

Hello Bernhard,

On Friday, 18. April 2008 11:25:55 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> I have checked in a revision mark and a clarification about the sensitivity
> (that slipped the 2.0rc5 editing cycle). Thus we are ready to put out
> 2.0rc7 which we will do as soon as we get around (in the next days).
>
> If no-one raises a serious objection,
> we will declare 2.0rc7 to be 2.0 after about 2 weeks.
>
> This is overdue in my opinion.
> Given that several clients sucessfully implement the storage format
> for many years I believe the format in itself is a success
> and the version number should reflect the actual stability of the
> specification.

Thanks for commiting the gender field change!

I'm currently fixing Horde's "categories" handling and noticed that multi
value fields like "children" don't define a separator. <categories> already
uses ",", so should we add a generic note that multi value fields
get separated by ',' to be on the safe side?

I'm still wondering about the decision to use a separator for multi value
fields instead of an own XML tag per value, f.e.

<category>private</category>
<category>company</category>

instead of

<categories>private, company</categories>

Thomas