Declaring a new folder type and format for Horde preferences

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Apr 15 18:26:49 CEST 2008

On Thursday 20 March 2008 16:01, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> writes:
> > On Friday 14 March 2008 16:57, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> >> Concerning the "Preferences" I'm hesitating though: Why shouldn't
> >> Kontact for example be able to store configuration options in there
> >> too?
> >
> > I think we had a couple of drawbacks mentioned already,
> > this is why a consistant writeup of the consideration would be quite
> > useful.
>
> I made this Horde-only now. So I'm not certain if any elaborate
> documentation makes much sense here. Or do you mean a writeup of the
> presence of custom folder in general?

I've meant the idea how to save configuration where and your solution.
We could learn something about where to save configuration for other clients
as well. We should try to save our discussed knowledge as good as possible.

IMO design criteria for such a configuration place would be
that some client would want to have several configuration and also
there are a lot of configuration values that should be the same across clients
of same or different type.

Bernhard