IMAP annotation for groupware folder descriptions

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Wed Oct 10 07:05:31 CEST 2007

Hi Gunnar,

> I disagree since the IMAP METADATA extension specifically defines the
> "/comment" annotation value for describing a folder. I don't know why
> the old Kolab module in Horde used a special value for this but I
> switched to using "/comment" now. This way this is not client specific
> at all since any IMAP server supporting the METADATA extension will
> also have to provide the "/comment" annotation.

The only reservation I have about this is that it is not specific to Horde and any application that also uses the "/comment" can destroy your values. Now as this is not format specific, this should not be a big issue for Horde.

As this is relate to all Kolab clients, maybe define it under "/vendor/kolab/folder-description"?

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557