Features outside of the Kolab format

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Nov 6 19:11:27 CET 2007

On Tuesday 06 November 2007 15:27, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> All I want is to allow format extensions and REQUIRE their declaration.
>
> I suggest to add a line in the Kolab format specs that says that a
> client MAY NOT extend the format with custom additions UNLESS they are
> being

You are raising questions of procedures - rightfully.
However I will have to think about the answers a little bit more
and the possible consequences of your proposal.
All in all I am a bit reluctant to  overhaul the process
to make it very easy to change the format.

> announced on this list and stored on a wiki page for further
> reference. If the client violates that it is no longer a Kolab
> compliant client.

The problem with the announcement of the list and storage of the wiki page is
quite weak and this makes complicancy hard to control.

Bernhard