[Kolab-devel] Declaring a new folder type for Horde preferences

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Thu Nov 1 05:42:09 CET 2007

Hi Gunnar,

> I read a lot of old mails on this list but I couldn't find the basis
> for the idea of using the METADATA extension.

At creation of a folder in Outlook the type of the folder must be known.
Marking the expected content type of objects in a folder is a very good idea
on principle.

> But as Joon mentioned in one of the recent mails there seemed to be
> possible alternatives. He mentioned hidden messages. Can somebody
> elaborate on this?

It is a "special" message inside the mailbox. This is the most horrible hack
in a multi client environment. Annotation offered the cleanest solution to
this hack.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC