P.O. Boxes etc

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jan 18 20:49:14 CET 2007

Hi Joon,

On Thursday 09 November 2006 08:26, Joon Radley wrote:
> Outlook provides for 3 addresses. Any or all of the addresses can be postal
> addresses, depending if a field is set.
>
> Introducing a new sub object <pobox> will not work as it cannot fit into
> the current scheme. Adding a field to the <address> sub object, marking a
> address as a mail address, will work 100%.
>
> So if you introduce a new sub object please just prepend it with the k-
> prefix e.g.. <k-pobox>.

so you propose that the <address> secion of Chapter 6. Format Of Contacts
http://www.kolab.org/doc/kolabformat-2.0rc5-html/c237.html
should read like:

{<address>
            <type>(string, default home)</type>
            {<street>(string, default empty)</street>}
            <locality>(string, default empty)</locality>
            <region>(string, default empty)</region>
            <postal-code>(string, default empty)</postal-code>
            {<k-pobox>(string, default empty)</k-pobox>}
            <country>(string, default empty)</country>
</address>}

with
    some postal addresses have a pobox number instead of a street address,
    So it should be one or none out of these two tags present.
    some only have the zip code which is saved in <postal-code>

I do not really understand why you would want a "k-" in front of it?

Bernhard