event XML 1.1 (fix recurrances)

Gerd v. Egidy gerd.von.egidy at intra2net.com
Wed Jan 17 15:00:06 CET 2007

Hi,

one thing just came to my mind:

> - The concluding list of allowed tags below <subevent> is:

making the list of tags allowed within <subevent> concluding is different than
the policy used within the rest of the kolab xml format:

From http://www.kolab.org/doc/kolabformat-2.0rc5-html/x89.html:

If a client sees a tag it does not understand, this tag must be preserved and
saved back to the file.

If we tell clients that there can be unknown tags within <subevent> and they
have to preserve them as done everywhere else, we could improve the
<subevent> format later on without unpleasant surprises. Clients just knowing
the old format use a best-effort strategy.

So I'd not call the tags within subevent concluding to leave space for future
enhancements.

Kind regards,

Gerd