event XML 1.1 (fix recurrances)

Gerd v. Egidy gerd.von.egidy at intra2net.com
Wed Jan 17 14:32:04 CET 2007

Hi Martin,

thanks for finally publishing an update. Overall your update looks good. There
are still some nits, see below.

> - The following explicit list of tags is allowed within a subevent:
[...]
>     <inline-attachment>(string, no default)</inline-attachment>
>     <link-attachment>(string, no default)</link-attachment>

Why is just one attachment allowed in a subevent? Event allows n attachments,
both elements are enclosed in { }.

> - one or more <subevent> entries are only allowed if a <recurrence> is
> present in the primary <event>.

I think this sentence doesn't need to be explicitly written for your current
draft because subevent is only allowed within <recurrence>. I think this is a
leftover from the previous draft.

I still (see my mail from 2006-12-07) think that we need to think about <body>
to match the features of Outlook 2000-2007 (as seems to be the goal and is
explicitly written in your mail). Outlook can store html-like rich text with
positioned attachments in its body while we just allow plain text.

Kind regards,

Gerd