Handling of private/confidential groupware objects

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Jan 11 17:16:11 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2006 16:37 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi Bernhard,

> Am Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2006 13:00 schrieb Martin Konold:
> > I therefore want to repeat my proposal with the "hidden" private
> > subfolder.
> >
> > Please answer ASAP.

> I repeat my criticism of your proposal

Please elaborate your final criticism in an easy to digest manner so that we
can discuss it in a more structured way (I fail to fully understand your
points from rereading this thread)

> and propose that Outlook connectors implement reminders
> and we treat the flag as "sensitivity".

OL knows about reminders but is limited to the primary calendar. Changing this
semantic will also break all PDAs (Pocket PC and Palm). I therefore conclude
that your proposal is not an option because we have no means to change the
PDAs.

> The Outlook way of enforcing this in the client
> can be used as another reason to explain this change
> to users.

Yes, but my proposal would solve the issue in a doable and secure way while
keeping the well established semantics working.

Regards,
-- martin

--
http://www.erfrakon.com/