Handling of private/confidential groupware objects

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Feb 14 05:25:56 CET 2006

Hi,

We need to progress on the format issues and not die in stagnation.

I hereby want to announce that I am considering to add a section to the Kolab
architecture document and the Kolab Format documentation which describes the
server side implemented security concept for handling of private/confidential
groupware data.

It will leverage the extra folder hierarchy approach for handling access
control.

I am still undecided if we shall go the practical route using a naming
convention or if we shall take the burden to add another namespace to cyrus
imapd.

Most probably I will prefer the former for the initial implementation (Kolab 2
series).

Do you have any preferences?

Joon, Johannes and David: Do you want to hint me on any special requirements
you are having?

Regards,
-- martin

--