event XML 1.1 (fix recurrances)

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Dec 21 00:07:52 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 7. Dezember 2006 14:01 schrieb Joon Radley:

Hi Joon,

> This is a good extension that is needed

Fine!

> on Monday then I can check all the documentation, but from what I can
> remember the adding of an attachment and the changing of an attendee
> creates a new object in Outlook 2000 and I think 2002/XP/2003, it is not
> supported by the exception structure. This will lead to the problem of
> object fragmentation we discussed some time ago.

I tested with OL2K3 (plain install with a PST and without any connector). I
could actually verify that adding different attachments to different
subevents of an event series works as expected. The changes can be made to
individual exceptions.

When removing the series all elements get deleted.

Basically this boils down to the point that I don't understand or cannot
reproduce the problem your are describing.

Can anyone verify the described "object fragmentation"?

Is anyone able to test with OL2K?

Joon: Do you know when MS will stop supporting OL2K?

> One extra field that is supported by Outlook is the all day event that can
> be set or removed in exceptions.

Do we need an extra xml tag for that or can we simply express this using the
existing <start-date>(date)</start-date><end-date>(date)</end-date> notation
within the <subevent>?

Basically this would mean to use the same semantic as for the <event> can be
reused for a <subevent>.

"The start-date is optional for tasks. For events, it is required. If they are
there, they can either have a date or a datetime as the type. Parsing this is
just a matter of looking at the length of the date string. In the case of an
all day event (floating event) the end-date MUST be in date only format"

Joon: Is this sufficient for your needs?

Regards,
-- martin

--
http://www.erfrakon.com/