imap name folder translation

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Wed Aug 16 16:21:49 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

> Imagine messages with several attachments offering different
> translations.
> E.g. an enterprise bulletin board kind of usage scenario
> offering languages like Chinese, Hebrew, Arabic, German and
> English. Typical contents could be official global management
> announcments like corporate identity statements etc.

Huh? I am lost. Can we please have a show of hands on the kolab list of how
many people have the situation where this happens on a daily basis even a
monthly basis? I live in a country with 11 official languages and even we do
not have a need for this.

The Kolab-XML format is for the interoperate between Outlook, Kontact and
Horde. Not to introduce new kinds of technology. Yes this would be cool on a
company intraweb, but this is outside the scope Kolab-XML.

> BTW: Does anyone know how the calendar folder is spelled in
> the chinese version of OL?

I do not need to know as the Chinese localized version of Outlook will know,
that is why in Kolab-XML we map folder type to folder type and not folder
name to folder name.

Best regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC