More IMAP Annotations (folder display name and translations)

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Wed Sep 21 15:44:17 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 12:50, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Freitag 16 September 2005 21:54 schrieb Martin Konold:
>
> Hi,
>
> > The proposal is a syntax like:
> >
> > /vendor/kolab/folder-displayname
> > Name=Inbox
> > Name[be]=Дапаўненьне
> > Name[bg]=Приставка
> > Name[de]=Posteingang
>
> If nobody objects or has further comments I will put this in the
> specification.

Err, wait, this isn't specified enough.
What happens on renaming?
In KDE we drop all translations so that you don't see an old name when
switching languages again. But here it's a bit different since simultaneous
users have to see the folder in different languages; still, when renaming
there's no way to know what other languages should see, so I guess
discarding all translations is still the right thing to do?

And I wouldn't put anything in the spec before Joon confirms whether it's
OK with him... Outlook does have its limitations, as we all know.

Also, will you implement it in kontact? Specifying things is nice, but if
nobody plans to implement them that makes a useless specification.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
KDE/KOffice developer, Qt consultancy projects