More IMAP Annotations (folder display name and translations)

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri Sep 16 21:54:08 CEST 2005

Hi,

we are well aware of the problems with the actual imap name of a folder and
its display name in the GUI.

From a usability and interoperability point of view I think it is best to
seperate the IMAP folder name from the display name. This allows then for
example a user who has a French gui to use a Kolab account which was created
with a German Kontact etc.

This would in addition make it possible for us to create the default kolab
groupware folders (e.g. sent-mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks,...) already
during account creation on the server.

The proposal is a syntax like:

/vendor/kolab/folder-displayname
Name=Inbox